Mill Valley, CA 94941
Twitter • Instagram : @amberadrian
WHO I AM
Writer • Intuitive Energy Healer • Content Producer
Things I've written include: Videos for dating sites, copy for shamans, a book of animal fables, and on-the-fly haiku for dates in bars.
Majored in English Lit at Barnard College, Columbia University, and proceeded to actually use my degree but stringently avoid all books of the Moby Dick oeuvre.
WHAT I KNOW
Feature Writing • Interviewing • Copywriting • Blogging • Content Development • Email Marketing • Editorial Vision • The Wild & Wonderful World of Startup Operations
WHERE I’VE WORKED
AmberAdrian.com Mill Valley, CA 2013 to present
A supportive community and coaching practice for creatives who “just want to feel better.”
Energy Healer & Writer
- Individual coaching—I work with authors, writers and women in transition to help them build an emotional foundation so they can feel more freedom and creativity in their work.
- Write and manage a 1000-person strong newsletter via MailChimp. Free love letters to my community.
- Run a video series and regular webcast with live group coaching and healing.
- Manage a weekly half hour “Ask Me Anything” conversation on Facebook where people bring me question about creativity, work and relationships. Dear Abby for the hippie set.
- “Amber gave me so much peace in the thick of my sorrow.” ~ Shenee Howard, Brand Strategist, Los Angeles
- “She’s magic.” ~ Laura Jane Williams, author of Becoming—Hodder & Stoughton (2 Jun. 2016)
- “Amber’s work is a life raft and a lighthouse for writers, for humans. I’m so grateful for the path she’s shown me.” ~ Jenna Arak, Writer & Social Media Strategist, Los Angeles
Freelance Writer, San Francisco, CA 2001 to present
Bring people’s passions to the page. Talk to people about the things they love. Help companies and publications bring their brilliant work to life.
- My best writing happens when I’m finding the love in dark moments, taking my experience and transforming it into something lighter.
- Easy to read while still touching people deeply.
- Splashes of whimsy and humor make my writing stand out from most corporate copy.
- How a Stuffed Animal Helped Us Cope With a Miscarriage | Oct, 2015
- How to Feel Your Feelings and What That Will Do for Your Life | April, 2016
Chris Guillebeau’s Unconventional Guides
- Get Published, Get Paid: An Unconventional Guide to Freelance Writing
- Editorial conjuring and tour creation for this off-the-beaten-path mobile app.
San Francisco Weekly
- Wrote 20 music reviews of local bands for a special issue of the newspaper.
- Wrote a weekly column about dating in San Francisco.
Thumbtack, San Francisco, CA 2013 - 2015
A consumer service that helps people accomplish personal projects by hiring experienced professionals.
Copywriter & Blogger
- Wrote 80 posts over the course of 2 years for this booming SF tech unicorn. Research and crafted content on everything from interior design mistakes to how to hire a makeup artist for your wedding.
- Interviewed professional cake decorators, interior designers, plumbers and window washers to craft stories to bring their business to life.
- My content received hundreds of comments and thousands of shares, helping the marketing department’s overall content strategy.
Wine Luxury, San Francisco, CA 2012 - 2013
Wine, food, and lifestyle publication aimed at the high end market.
Writer & Social Media Manager
- Interviewed Olympic gold medalist Natalie Coughlin, race car driver Mario Andretti, NFL champion Mike Ditka, Chicago food pioneer Rick Tramonto, Everest summit expedition leader Garrett Madison, as well as chocolatiers, cocktail craftsmen, and sommeliers also happen to be ultramarathoners.
- Ran their Twitter account and Facebook page. Set automated tweets and Facebook posts to go out daily to help build their online brand.
- Covered wine tastings, culinary exhibitions, cocktail demonstrations, and chocolate festivals, some for major features like Chocolate is Golden Again.
7x7, San Francisco, CA 2007 - 2011
A city-living focused fashion, lifestyle, food and culture magazine covering the San Francisco Bay Area.
Arts & Culture Columnist
- Wrote three weekly articles about about theater, dance, music and literary events for 7x7’s online publication.
- Interviewed local artists and entrepreneurs around the city.
- Helped bring a thriving yet low profile arts and culture scene to the spotlight.
Theatre Bay Area, San Francisco, CA 2002 - 2007
Monthly magazine for the theater community of the SF Bay Area
- Wrote about all things theater, from revolutionary playwrights to sketch comedy to burlesque dancing
- Interviewed actors, dancers, designers, and directors
- Covered major productions along side burgeoning companies
- Covered for the Editor-in-Chief when she was away
- Identified and brought to light obscure pieces of the theater community (think: found-object puppetry)
TECH SKILLS | PLATFORMS
Twitter • Facebook • Google+ • Pinterest • Instagram • YouTube • Squarespace • Wordpress • MailChimp • Copywriting
WHERE I’VE LEARNED
BA, English Literature | Barnard College | Columbia University, New York, NY Class of 2000